Melanie is the lead Sports Dietitian at the St. George Illawarra Dragons Rugby League team and consults to individual athletes within SportsLab in Double Bay – a multi-disciplinary sports-centred clinic. Spending many years working with professional sports teams has solidified her knowledge of the best nutrition strategies for strength, endurance and rehabilitation.
Sport has always been integral to Melanie’s life. Growing up in country Queensland, she enjoyed competing in swimming and middle-distance running events across the state and overseas. As a Les Mills Group Exercise Instructor (spin and body-pump), she teaches 15+ group fitness classes a week, always setting an example for her clients and consistently challenging her own nutrition, fitness and performance goals.
On a personal note, Melanie’s greatest loves are food (of course), outdoor adventure sports and travelling. She can’t live without coffee, scrambled eggs or her dog, Teddy.
- International Olympic Committee Diploma of Sports Nutrition (current)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Griffith University)
- ISAK Level 1 Anthropometrist
- TSL Accredited Sweat Profiler
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Level 2 Running Coach
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Les Mills Group Exercise Instructor (GRIT, BodyPump, RPM)
Melanie works in a consultant capacity with several professional teams and individual athletes including:
- NRL St. George Illawarra Dragons
- Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
- Randwick Rugby Union
- NSW Rugby Waratahs (2016/17 Nutrition Fellowship)
- Professional and amateur fighters including muay thai and boxers
- Endurance athletes (specifically triathletes, ironmen and ultra-endurance runners)
- Adolescent athletes, including cyclists and swimmers