Melanie is a Brisbane-based Sports Dietitian. She’s passionate about the capacity of nutrition to enhance training and performance, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others. Her motivation comes from her ability to inspire and create results.
Melanie consults to individual athletes within The Movement Standard in Milton – a multi-disciplinary sports-centred clinic. Spending many years working with professional sports teams including the NSW Waratahs and NRL Dragons, has solidified her knowledge of the best nutrition strategies for strength, endurance and rehabilitation.
Sport has always been integral to Melanie’s life. Growing up in country Queensland, she enjoyed competing in swimming and middle-distance running events across the state and overseas. Being a qualified personal trainer, Mel teaches group exercise classes at several local gyms and fitness facilities. She always setting an example for her clients and consistently challenges her own nutrition, fitness and performance goals.
On a personal note, Melanie’s greatest loves are food (of course), outdoor sports including diving and travelling. She can’t live without coffee or her dog, Teddy.
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Griffith University)
- ISAK Level 1 Anthropometrist
- TSL Accredited Sweat Profiler
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Les Mills Group Exercise Instructor (GRIT, BodyPump, RPM)
- Functional Group Fitness Instructor
Melanie has worked in a consultant capacity with several professional teams and individual athletes including:
- NRL St. George Illawarra Dragons
- Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
- Randwick Rugby Union
- NSW Rugby Waratahs (2016/17 Nutrition Fellowship)
- Professional and amateur fighters including muay thai and boxers
- Endurance athletes (specifically triathletes, ironmen and ultra-endurance runners)
- Adolescent athletes, including cyclists and swimmers