Melanie is a Brisbane-based Sports Dietitian. She’s passionate about the capacity of nutrition to enhance training and performance, and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others. Her motivation comes from her ability to inspire and create results.
Melanie consults to individual athletes at The Movement Standard in Milton, Brisbane – a multi-disciplinary sports-centred clinic. Spending several years working with professional sports teams including the NSW Waratahs and NRL Dragons, has solidified her knowledge of the best nutrition strategies for strength, endurance and rehabilitation.
Sport has always been integral to Melanie’s life. As a younger athlete, Mel was a swimmer and middle-distance runner, competing in events across the state. Being a qualified Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor, Mel teaches group exercise classes at several local gyms and fitness facilities. She always setting an example for her clients and consistently challenges her own nutrition, fitness and performance goals.
On a personal note, outside of the clinic, you’ll find Mel either eating, training or sleeping! She’s a fan of all food (all day breakfast being a fav) and coffee. Her greatest love in life is her dog Teddy who you may meet in clinic on a Saturday!
- IOC Diploma in Sports Nutrition (current)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Griffith University)
- ISAK Level 1 Anthropometrist
- TSL Accredited Sweat Profiler
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Les Mills Group Exercise Instructor (GRIT, BodyPump, RPM, SPRINT)
- ACE Boxing Instructor
- Functional Group Fitness Instructor
Melanie has worked in a consultant capacity with several professional teams and individual athletes including:
- NRL St. George Illawarra Dragons
- Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
- Randwick Rugby Union
- NSW Rugby Waratahs (2016/17 Nutrition Fellowship
- Endurance athletes (specifically triathletes, ironmen and ultra-endurance runners)
- Young athletes, including runners, cyclists and swimmers