- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, stems cut off
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 420g can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 jar of your favourite tomato based sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Cilantro, avocado and greek yogurt to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Wrap the sweet potatoes in alfoil, poke holes with a fork and then place on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until you can easily poke a fork or knife into the middle of the potato.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the chili by heating oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion, capsicum, broccoli and garlic; cook until onions softens about 6-8 minutes. Next mix in chili powder, oregano and cumin stir for 1 minute. Mix in beans and tomato based sauce. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sweet potatoes are done cooking.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, split them open. Place about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture in each potato then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Optional – place them back in the oven for 5 minutes for the cheese to melt.Top potatoes with cilantro, avocado and greek yogurt if desired.
Recipe adapted and photo taken from The Ambitious Kitchen.