Special thanks to Barry Rutstein a member of my Maroubra bootcamp crew, Highground Fitness.
This is his family recipe!
- 1 large Jap or Butternut pumpkin
- 4 cups mushrooms sliced
- 6 brown onions sliced
- 1 cup mixed unsalted nuts
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg.
- Cut approx. 15cm diameter lid from the stalk end of the pumpkin. Mark where the lid positions with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out all the seeds from the pumpkin and the bottom of the lid
- Once clean, use a fork to perforate the inner flesh and lid of the pumpkin
- Mix mushrooms, onions, nuts, spices and optional honey and pack into pumpkin
- Place lid on top to its original position (use knife mark)
- Wrap in foil, shiny side in
- Bake in oven for approx. 1.5hrs or until pumpkin is soft
- Enjoy with friends